There are many ways in which HEM Suriname tries to contribute to social causes and help people or animals in need. We support various projects that promote general health, raise the standard of living of humans and animals, or sponsor cultural events. Support is given both structurally and on an ad hoc basis to:
• Orphanages and retirement homes
• Service clubs, including Lions Club, JCI, Rotary and Quota Int.
• Foundation for the Elderly suffering from dementia “ Stichting Wiesje”
• Foundation for Animal Welfare “Stichting Dierenbescherming Suriname”
• Fundraising activities of different organizations and churches for people in need
In addition to taking care of human and animal welfare, CSR for us also includes taking a responsible approach toward the environment. HEM Suriname strives to make its processes increasingly sustainable, in order to minimize the impact on the environment. This is reflected, among other things, in a program to reduce the amount of waste, paper and plastic and to recycle it as far as possible.